Imagemap with no image

DamienS

Hi,

I have a situation where I have custom user controls 'cut out' of the
background image of a master page. Basically, I've used photoshop to
export a sliced image which is used in the master page. I take a slice
(from the middle) and use that as the background of a user control
using the asp:panel control's backgroundURL property.

<asp:panel BackImageUrl="~//Images/K.gif" width="267" height="198"
runat="server">
UserName: <asp:TextBox ID="txtUserInherited" runat="server"/
...... other user controls......
</asp:panel>

The thing is, the 'login' button is a 'target' area of the background
image. Ideally, I want to create an imagemap/hotspot over a given part
of the background image. When I use the imagemap control though, I
can't get the other controls to 'float' over the top or, if I set the
zindex (using css) of the imagemap to -1 so that it appears under the
controls. then the hotspots don't work.

Is there any simple way around this? Ideally I want to just make given
'x/y' regions of my usercontrol clickable.

Thanks very much in advance,

DamienS