Images not displaying in designer

TXIce

Not sure if this is the right group...but I'm going to try here anyways. I
have a problem that is driving me absolutely crazy. I'm starting a new
ASP.Net web application and I'm trying to add an image web control. No
matter what I do...when I point the imageurl to the picture I want to
display...the only thing that shows in the VS.Net designer is a small little
box with a red "X" in it. If I compile the project and ftp it up to my web
host...the image displays perfectly...but it always shows up and the little
red "X" in the designer. Does anyone have any ideas as to why?

The code on the webpage is all the default code that gets put in by
VS.Net....this is the code that gets entered for the image control:

<asp:Image id="Image1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 16px; POSITION: absolute;
TOP: 16px" runat="server"
ImageUrl="images/banner01.jpg"></asp:Image>

As I said...once the project is compiled and ftp'd to my web host...the
image displays properly...but it just won't in the designer view within
VS.Net. Even if I do a "view in browser" from the designer...it still will
not show up. I can also compile the project and try to view the webpage
local on my machine by browsing to //localhost/<project name> and the image
still will not display properly.

This is very annoying and is making trying to design the page properly very
difficult for me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Guest

Hi,

Check whether you have the "Images" directory and also the image in it. If
not, copy the directory and image from the ftp server, and include in your
project.

Hope it helps.

Prakash.C