imaplib unexpected error

KeefTM

Hello, I am getting an odd error when trying to establish an IMAP
connection:

File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4//lib/python2.4/
imaplib.py", line 904, in _get_response
raise self.abort("unexpected response: '%s'" % resp)
imaplib.abort: unexpected response: '220 libertydistribution.com ESMTP
CommuniGate Pro 5.0.9 is glad to see you!'

I thought 220 was the correct response, so I don't understand why I am
getting the error. Thanks!

KeefTM

Nevermind. It always seems I figure out what I did wrong right after I
post. Turns out I was using the wrong port.

Laszlo Nagy

KeefTM said:
Hello, I am getting an odd error when trying to establish an IMAP
connection:

File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4//lib/python2.4/
imaplib.py", line 904, in _get_response
raise self.abort("unexpected response: '%s'" % resp)
imaplib.abort: unexpected response: '220 libertydistribution.com ESMTP
CommuniGate Pro 5.0.9 is glad to see you!'

I thought 220 was the correct response, so I don't understand why I am
getting the error. Thanks!
You are connecting to an SMTP server. :) Maybe it is using the IMAP
port? More likely you tried to connect to port 25 which is - usually -
reserved for SMTP.

Regards,

Laszlo

KeefTM

You are connecting to an SMTP server. :) Maybe it is using the IMAP
port? More likely you tried to connect to port 25 which is - usually -
reserved for SMTP.

Regards,

Laszlo

That's what it was. I put the wrong port number in :) Thanks!