impersonate in new thread

phil

My ASP.NET application sets up impersonate in the config file:

<identity impersonate="true" userName="m1\aspuser" password="xyz" /
Later, within my application, I create a thread:

x= New processor
Dim ts As New ThreadStart(AddressOf x.start)
Dim thread As New Thread(ts)
thread.Start()

I suspect this thread does not have the same security context as the
thread that started it (the ASP.NET thread). How do I set up this
thread to have the same security context as the main thread?

Guest

My ASP.NET application sets up impersonate in the config file:

<identity impersonate="true" userName="m1\aspuser" password="xyz" /

Later, within my application, I create a thread:

x= New processor
Dim ts As New ThreadStart(AddressOf x.start)
Dim thread As New Thread(ts)
thread.Start()

I suspect this thread does not have the same security context as the
thread that started it (the ASP.NET thread). How do I set up this
thread to have the same security context as the main thread?

How do I set the new thread principal?
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...read/thread/fac7a897f8701f9e/37284fe91ce059c4

And you may find this useful
How can I retain impersonation in the new thread created from ASP.NET
application?
http://channel9.msdn.com/wiki/default.aspx/SecurityWiki.ASPNET2SecurityFAQ0066

John Saunders

I hope you're also aware that your new thread may continue execution after
the request has completed? This means that it should not reference any part
of the page.

John