impersonation, LDAP, IIS6 and my brain full of knots

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by inoculator, Oct 19, 2005.

  1. inoculator

    inoculator Guest

    Hi all,

    somehow I'm going nuts with this authentications inside IIS6, but from
    the beginning:

    We have a W2k3 Server running IIS6 with an application running as
    NetworkService. The Authenticationmode on this Web is integrated
    Microsoft.
    Up to now, everything worked fine, but we want to add a new function,
    which is getting me into problems.
    The function should be to get informations via SamAccountName by
    querying LDAP.
    My first start was to get it done by a serverscript.
    That failt, because of the NetworkService Account.
    So, we created a domainAccount, which we put into the IIS_WP group and
    set the application to run with this.
    Now the WEB doesn't authenticate anymore. You are prombted for the
    authentication and if You lookup the Sec Eventlog You see, that the
    server tries to Authenticate with an empty username and domain. Just
    the source Workstation is filled with the IP of the Client trying to
    connect to the Application.
    After struggling around with some different local policies, I quit.
    The next Idea was to set up a clientscript, which is started by a
    Button. The page loads, the user enters the SamAccountName in a field,
    hits a button and a VBScript-Function is started to query. but now we
    are running into an ActiveX Error, failt to GetObject.

    Now to my question.
    How can I get this running?
    Just to explain the function I want again:
    I have a field (NETID) and want to get the rest of the Informations
    from the AD. Best would be to runn this on the WebServer, which is
    Member of the AD.

    Thanks in advance for Your Help.
    If You need any additional Informatons, don't hesitate to ask.

    Carsten

    inoculator, Oct 19, 2005