find the publication mentioned below?

*From: Mr W E Denton (AD) <[email protected]>
For a fast histogram based median filter try:

@ARTICLE{huang79,
author = {Thomas S. Huang and George J. Yang and Gregory Y. Tang},
title = {A Fast Two-Dimensional Median Filtering Algorithm},
year = 1979,
journal = assp,
volume = 27,
pages = {13-18},
abstract = {We present a fast algorithm for two-dimensional median
filtering. It is based on storing and updating the gray
level
histogram of the picture elements in the window. The
algorithm
is much faster than conventional sorting methods. For a
window
size of m x n, the computer time required is o(n).},
number = 1,
month = feb
}
@STRING{assp = "IEEE Trans. on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal
Processing"}

* From: Roger Koenker <[email protected]>
You might look at the following paper:

%AUTHOR = Rousseeuw, Peter J.
%AUTHOR = Bassett, Gilbert W., Jr
%TITLE = The remedian: A robust averaging method for large data
sets
%JOURNAL = Journal of the American Statistical Association
%VOLUME = 85
%PAGES = 97-104
%YEAR = 1990
%KEYWORDS = Recursive estimation

best regards,
Andreas Lundgren

(PS. I will also post this message at comp.lang.verilog and sci.image.processing)

Tuukka Toivonen

@STRING{assp = "IEEE Trans. on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal
Processing"}

Many IEEE publications are available at
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/DynWel.jsp
But you must have account there which is expensive
(some universities etc. might have account for all
personnel including students).

Otherwise, go to university library, either they have
it or can order (may cost again).