    find the publication mentioned below?

    *From: Mr W E Denton (AD) <>
    For a fast histogram based median filter try:

    @ARTICLE{huang79,
    author = {Thomas S. Huang and George J. Yang and Gregory Y. Tang},
    title = {A Fast Two-Dimensional Median Filtering Algorithm},
    year = 1979,
    journal = assp,
    volume = 27,
    pages = {13-18},
    abstract = {We present a fast algorithm for two-dimensional median
    filtering. It is based on storing and updating the gray
    level
    histogram of the picture elements in the window. The
    algorithm
    is much faster than conventional sorting methods. For a
    window
    size of m x n, the computer time required is o(n).},
    number = 1,
    month = feb
    }
    @STRING{assp = "IEEE Trans. on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal
    Processing"}

    * From: Roger Koenker <>
    You might look at the following paper:

    %AUTHOR = Rousseeuw, Peter J.
    %AUTHOR = Bassett, Gilbert W., Jr
    %TITLE = The remedian: A robust averaging method for large data
    sets
    %JOURNAL = Journal of the American Statistical Association
    %VOLUME = 85
    %PAGES = 97-104
    %YEAR = 1990
    %KEYWORDS = Recursive estimation

    best regards,
    Andreas Lundgren

    (PS. I will also post this message at comp.lang.verilog and sci.image.processing)

    Andreas, Dec 2, 2003

  2. In article <>, Andreas wrote:
    > @STRING{assp = "IEEE Trans. on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal
    > Processing"}

    Many IEEE publications are available at
    http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/DynWel.jsp
    But you must have account there which is expensive
    (some universities etc. might have account for all
    personnel including students).

    Otherwise, go to university library, either they have
    it or can order (may cost again).

    Tuukka Toivonen, Dec 2, 2003