    Can anybody suggest how to go about it.

    thanks

    Dev
    Dev, Sep 9, 2004

  2. On 9 Sep 2004 01:33:18 -0700, (Dev) wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I want to convert 16E1 lines into E3 using VHDL.
    >
    >Can anybody suggest how to go about it.

    This is a standard mux configuration, as defined by the ITU-T.

    As a rough guess, this document may be applicable:

    G.753 11-1988 Third order digital multiplex equipment operating at 34
    368 kbit/s and using positive/zero/negative justification

    You will need to read a large number of other ITU-T documents to fully
    understand the requirements. It is best to buy the CD.
    The ITU-T documents are a little "dry". I suggest reading the
    datasheets for some commercial M13 mux chips (such as those from
    PMC-Sierra) to get you started.

    You will also need to have a good idea about how to design for a
    particular jitter transfer function when using justification.

    http://www.itu.int/publications/main_publ/itut.html

    Regards,
    Allan
    Allan Herriman, Sep 9, 2004