implementing iteration- and conditional-tags with ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by jurujuba, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. jurujuba

    jurujuba Guest

    Hi,

    I want to write iteration- and conditional-tags with asp.net, but I
    found nothing about it in books, MSDN or online-articels.

    Could someone please explain me or post a link to an article where is
    described how I can do that ?
    Maybe I'm using the wrong expressions. Conditional- and Iteration-Tags
    is how you call this in JSP.

    thanks for your help,
    jurujuba

    http://www.usenet.com

    jurujuba, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Do you mean server tags that you put in.aspx files like <asp:label ...> and
    they would operate like javascript if and for statements?

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 14, 2005

  3. jurujuba

    jurujuba Guest

    Hi,

    yes, that's what I mean. Do I have to use javascript for that ?

    the usage of the conditional-tag could look like this:

    <mytag:condition execute="true" runat="server">
    <b>it is true!</b>
    </mytag:condition>

    <mytag:condition execute="false" runat="server">
    <b>it is NOT true</b>
    </mytag:condition>

    this code-snippet would result in the output "it is true !" because
    the conditional-tag would not execute it's body if execute is set
    "false".

    How can you do that with ASP.net ?

    (I'm sorry, I'm a Java-programmer and new to .net Wink)

    And there is another question...
    How can I define tags with a body in ASP.NET ?

    thanks for your help,
    Frank

    http://www.usenet.com

    jurujuba, Feb 18, 2005
  4. Re: re:implementing iteration- and conditional-tags with ASP.NET

    Frank,

    Yes, you need to write server-side scripts for that.

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 20, 2005