    —it seems to defeat the point of having separate classes/interfaces to begin
    with.

    What do others think?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 8, 2011

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    > I don’t think I’m a fan of this sort of thing
    ><http://developer.android.com/resources/samples/ApiDemos/src/com/example/android/apis/view/RadioGroup1.html>

    I'm not a fan of:

    " Error: Server Error
    " The server encountered an error and could not complete your request.
    " If the problem persists, please report your problem and mention this
    " error message and the query that caused it.

    either... (perhaps just bad luck at the time that I tried it)

    Andreas Leitgeb, Mar 8, 2011

  3. Leif Roar Moldskred <> wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    >> I don’t think I’m a fan of this sort of thing

    > What sort of thing?

    I'd be very surprised, if "tin" didn't even show the link.

    (whether the link worked or not is a different thing)

    Andreas Leitgeb, Mar 8, 2011
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Mayeul Guest

    > I don’t think I’m a fan of this sort of thing
    > <http://developer.android.com/resources/samples/ApiDemos/src/com/example/android/apis/view/RadioGroup1.html>
    > —it seems to defeat the point of having separate classes/interfaces to begin
    > with.

    I can see a point in separating tasks by the model, without this point
    being broken if any particular use of this model reunifies some or all
    of the tasks in one single place.

    --
    Mayeul

    Mayeul, Mar 8, 2011
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 00:18:50 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >I don’t think I’m a fan of this sort of thing
    ><http://developer.android.com/resources/samples/ApiDemos/src/com/example/android/apis/view/RadioGroup1.html>
    >—it seems to defeat the point of having separate classes/interfaces to begin
    >with.
    >
    >What do others think?

    I use a metaphor. An interface is like a job description, e.g.
    coffee lady, file clerk, typist, computer repair person, high speed
    copy equipment operator ...

    Any one person may be capable of fulfulling half a dozen such roles.

    You are ok so long as you write your code based on the role, not the
    specific person, who incidentally can fulfill that role.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    Roedy Green, Mar 8, 2011
  6. On 08/03/2011 12:18, Lawrence D'Oliveiro allegedly wrote:
    > I don’t think I’m a fan of this sort of thing
    > <http://developer.android.com/resources/samples/ApiDemos/src/com/example/android/apis/view/RadioGroup1.html>
    > —it seems to defeat the point of having separate classes/interfaces to begin
    > with.
    >
    > What do others think?

    GUI code.

    'nuff said.

    --
    DF.
    "Alcatraz is the place to be"

    Daniele Futtorovic, Mar 8, 2011
  7. On 08-03-2011 06:18, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > I don’t think I’m a fan of this sort of thing
    > <http://developer.android.com/resources/samples/ApiDemos/src/com/example/android/apis/view/RadioGroup1.html>
    > —it seems to defeat the point of having separate classes/interfaces to begin
    > with.
    >
    > What do others think?

    It is a class that extends another class and implements
    two interfaces.

    It seems to support the point of separating classes and interfaces.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 8, 2011
  8. On 08-03-2011 06:46, Andreas Leitgeb wrote:
    > Leif Roar Moldskred<> wrote:
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro<_zealand> wrote:
    >>> I don’t think I’m a fan of this sort of thing

    >> What sort of thing?

    > I'd be very surprised, if "tin" didn't even show the link.
    >
    > (whether the link worked or not is a different thing)

    But what is the perceived problem?

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 8, 2011
  9. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    markspace Guest

    On 3/9/2011 2:58 PM, jebblue wrote:
    > On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 00:18:50 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> I don’t think I’m a fan of this sort of thing
    >> <http://developer.android.com/resources/samples/ApiDemos/src/com/example/android/apis/view/RadioGroup1.html>
    >> —it seems to defeat the point of having separate classes/interfaces to
    >> begin with.
    >>
    >> What do others think?

    > 42

    Damn, you got that answer. How did you know that?

    markspace, Mar 10, 2011