import ascii data into a HTML file?

charliebishop

hello all,

I'm doing some research with some underwater gliders (AUVs) and I
process all the data through MATLAB. I would like to export some data
from matlab into a text file. This is no problem.

I would like to create a webpage that displays certain information that
would be imported from the text files created.

What would be the easiest way to do this?

cheers,

- Charlie

Adrienne Boswell

(e-mail address removed) wote:
hello all,

I'm doing some research with some underwater gliders (AUVs) and I
process all the data through MATLAB. I would like to export some data
from matlab into a text file. This is no problem.

I would like to create a webpage that displays certain information that
would be imported from the text files created.

What would be the easiest way to do this?

cheers,

- Charlie

Jim Moe

I'm doing some research with some underwater gliders (AUVs) and I
process all the data through MATLAB. I would like to export some data
from matlab into a text file. This is no problem.

I would like to create a webpage that displays certain information that
would be imported from the text files created.
Place all of the text in a <pre> element.

Andy Dingley

I would like to create a webpage that displays certain information that
would be imported from the text files created.

I'd pre-process it using a scripting language (Python for choice). This
way you can have more than just crude visibility with linebreaks, you
can have styling too.

As I'm a web geek and already know the tools, then I'd probably
transform it into XML first (there are standard tools for simple CSV ->
XML) then I'd use XSLT to style it in XML. This is the quickest and
easiest way to code data stylers like this.