import="ShoppingBasket,Product,java.util.*" Error in JSP page

Discussion in 'Java' started by vivienne wykes, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. Hi There,
    I am trying do a shopping cart tutorial and have the following error when
    compiling my shop products.jsp file.

    shop_0002dproducts$jsp.java [3:1] '.' expected
    import ShoppingBasket;

    <%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html"
    import="ShoppingBasket,Product,java.util.*"
    errorPage="errorpage.jsp" %>

    I am not sure if it has to do with mutiple imports of the ShoppingBasket and
    Product classes.....
    Would it be better to put these two classes into a package ? The classes
    compile ok but have a problem with the above import.
    Thanks

    Jim Ascroft

    vivienne wykes, Apr 6, 2004

  2. vivienne wykes wrote:

    > Hi There,
    > I am trying do a shopping cart tutorial and have the following error when
    > compiling my shop products.jsp file.
    >

    > shop_0002dproducts$jsp.java [3:1] '.' expected
    > import ShoppingBasket;
    >

    > <%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html"
    > import="ShoppingBasket,Product,java.util.*"
    > errorPage="errorpage.jsp" %>
    >

    > I am not sure if it has to do with mutiple imports of the ShoppingBasket
    > and Product classes.....
    > Would it be better to put these two classes into a package ? The classes
    > compile ok but have a problem with the above import.
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jim Ascroft

    Stop asking the same question over and over again. You've gotten an answer
    already.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Christophe Vanfleteren