Improving Jmeter - User Agent Switching for HTTP

replayit

Hello Testers

Many current dynamic WEB systems with XML/XSLT can customize page
output by detecting what type of user is accessing page. It can be
recognition of IE and FIREFOX, plain text page for PDA or no javascript
menu for search engine. Because this different templates have different
resource needs for correct testing is neccesery to implement EASY WAY
to change/define User Agent Switching in Jmeter.

---------- Implementation Notes ------------------------
1. Allow Custom User Agent
Be shure then we can change user agent strings in both HTTP probes by
adding User aggent header in current custom hedaer module.

2. Impelemnt changing by GUI
Chris Pederik author of "User Agent switcher" for Firefox and Mozilla
agreed to share with us logic for generating various user agent headres
emulating different Web browsers and utilites.

Code is in Javascript and XML under at
http://www.chrispederick.com/

There is also contact infos for Chris.

The best actual source of warious user agent strings is:

User agent Strings
http://www.pgts.com.au/pgtsj/pgtsj0208c.html

List of Robot Agent Strings:
http://www.pgts.com.au/pgtsj/pgtsj0208d.html