imputils - import problem modules from sys.modules

Remy Cool

Hello,

I've created an archive import class (with the help of importers.py from the
python /demo/imputil dir) which imports packages and modules from a
dictionary. So far so good.

The problem is that every import statement after the code:

imputil.ImportManager().install()
sys.path.insert(0, DictImporter(archive))
sys.path.insert(0, imputil.BuiltinImporter())

tries to import from the dictionary and doesn't use the modules that were
imported before.

For example, I would like to use os in a module that's stored in the
dictionary. The import os statement tries to import os from the dictionary
and does not 'use' the already imported os module that is in the modules
list.

Is it possible to get access to both, already loaded modules in the modules
list and modules in the dictionary?

Regards,
Remy Cool

Remy Cool

Problem solved!!!

Switched to python 2.3 and created a class using the brand new
sys.path_hooks.

See python PEP302 for more info on this subject.

Remy