In honour of Whitecrest

Toby Inkster

Whitecrest, by changing his ID managed to get out of my killfile, so I
thought it only fair to warn anyone who plans on killfiling me...

As an anti-spam measure, my posting address will rotate each month (I will
still collect mail for old addresses for at least a month after abandoning
them). All my "From" lines should match the following regexp for your
killfiling pleasure:

^From:\s*Toby\s+(A\.?\s+)?Inkster\<usenet[0-9]{6}\@tobyinkster\.co\.uk\>$

If your newsreader does not support regular expressions, you ought to be
able to filter on an "X-Orig-Path" header of "ophelia.g5n.co.uk!news".

So now nobody is allowed to complain about me morphing occasionally.
Agreed?

Els

Toby Inkster wrote:

[foolproof method to killfile morphing Toby]
So now nobody is allowed to complain about me morphing
occasionally. Agreed?

Sure. But who would want you in their killfiles?

brucie

in post: <
Toby Inkster said:
Whitecrest, by changing his ID managed to get out of my killfile, so I
thought it only fair to warn anyone who plans on killfiling me...

i don't believe in killfiling.

Karl Groves

So now nobody is allowed to complain about me morphing occasionally.
Agreed?

I retain my right to complain.
Luckily, I don't plan on ever killfiling you!

-Karl

Jeff Thies

Toby said:
Whitecrest, by changing his ID managed to get out of my killfile, so I
thought it only fair to warn anyone who plans on killfiling me...

As an anti-spam measure, my posting address will rotate each month

I'm a bit confused on how that will work. You want to spread your spam
load over 1 address a month until you use all 999,999.

Won't most of the spammers be dead by then? Or at least in /dev/null ?

Jeff

^From:\s*Toby\s+(A\.?\s+)?Inkster\<usenet[0-9]{6}\@tobyinkster\.co\.uk\>$

If your newsreader does not support regular expressions, you ought to be
able to filter on an "X-Orig-Path" header of "ophelia.g5n.co.uk!news".

So now nobody is allowed to complain about me morphing occasionally.
Agreed?

Webcastmaker

Whitecrest, by changing his ID managed to get out of my killfile, so I
thought it only fair to warn anyone who plans on killfiling me...

Wow, a thread dedicated to me. Only a golden Globe could could top
this.

Toby Inkster

Jeff said:
I'm a bit confused on how that will work. You want to spread your spam
load over 1 address a month until you use all 999,999.

1,000,000 I think you'll find.

The idea is that during July I will post with the
(e-mail address removed) address and then in August
(e-mail address removed) and then in September I'll switch to the
next address and redirect any mail to the July one to /dev/null. In
October, I move on to another address and the August one goes to /dev/null.

(In fact, I may not put them through to /dev/null but input them into
SpamAssassin's baysian filter instead.)

Eric B. Bednarz

Toby Inkster said:
Dots are used to signify abbreviations.

No kidding. Let me rephrase: what's the A standing for in those cases
the dot is omitted? Pardon me, I am just curious. :)
You've used on yourself.

Actually my elderly brother arranged that while my mother picked me up
at the creche.

Leif K-Brooks

Toby said:
Whitecrest, by changing his ID managed to get out of my killfile, so I
thought it only fair to warn anyone who plans on killfiling me...

<paragraph seriousness="0">Aww, he hasn't died? That's what I thought
from the subject line.