in intranet, How can I get the userID using ASP?

Kam

within the intranet, all user are required to login.
How can I get the User ID and Domain in ASP page?

Kam

I had a problem in using it.
I setup up the IIS server with Authentication Methods = Integrated Windows
authentication.

when I use Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER"), the result is equal to "
"
The following is my code.
<HTML>
<BODY>
You are <%=Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")%>
</BODY>
</HTML>

How can I fix it? or what should I do before hand?

Anthony Jones

Kam said:
within the intranet, all user are required to login.
How can I get the User ID and Domain in ASP page?

What do you use to perform the login?
Is anonymous access enabled?
Are you using window intergrated authentication?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Kam said:
I had a problem in using it.
I setup up the IIS server with Authentication Methods = Integrated
Windows authentication.

when I use Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER"), the result is equal
to " "
This usually means that you forgot to uncheck the Anonymous access checkbox.
Anonymous needs to be disabled in order for this to work.