in-memory plot

Maitre Bart

I would like to create a XY plot and put it in a html-like email.

1) I am looking for a lib (or a set of libs) that allows to create a XY
plot (or any other kind) where I can save the resulting graphic in a
..png file. Though I expect this is achievable in more than one step.

2) I will then manage to create a html file with the appropriate
content (that will reference my graphic files).

3) Send the html page by email.

I would appreciate suggestions to accomplish steps #1 and #3, since I
have enough experience and knowledge to perform step #2.

Thank you.

Bob Walton

Maitre said:
I would like to create a XY plot and put it in a html-like email.

1) I am looking for a lib (or a set of libs) that allows to create a XY
plot (or any other kind) where I can save the resulting graphic in a
.png file. Though I expect this is achievable in more than one step.

2) I will then manage to create a html file with the appropriate
content (that will reference my graphic files).

3) Send the html page by email.

I would appreciate suggestions to accomplish steps #1 and #3, since I
have enough experience and knowledge to perform step #2.

Modules are your friends. Did you check on CPAN to see if there are any
that might do some of these things?

You might check out GD::Graph to create your plot and .png file. And
MIME::Lite or Mail::Sender (or many others) should help create and send
the email with attachments. Or without attachments if you want the
images to be loaded from your server when the email is read. And the
HTML could be nicely created with the CGI module (in a bit of an
unorthodox use, perhaps).