<include> lines disappear from code

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Bil Click, Oct 30, 2003.

  1. Bil Click

    Bil Click Guest

    I am coding classic ASP pages in Visual Studio .Net 2003.
    I have a file called counties_option.asp that just has a
    list of options:
    <OPTION VALUE="030">ANSON</OPTION>
    <OPTION VALUE="040">ASHE</OPTION>
    etc...

    I then call this as an include file in several places in
    a file called page1.asp like this:

    <SELECT id="Select7" name="aCounty1">
    <OPTION value="All" selected>All</OPTION>
    <!-- #include file= '../common/counties_option.asp'-->
    </SELECT>

    This works OK the 1st few times, I can see all the
    options in the drop down list, but after a while (I
    have not determined the exact time period or cause) the
    <include> lines disappear from the code! (Yes, Mother, I
    DID save the file)

    I have other include files in this page that are stable -
    only the includes in the <select> statements disappear.

    Strange!

    Bil Click, Oct 30, 2003

  2. Tools / Options / Text Editor / HTML/XML / Format
    Disable the automatic formatting options ... these are probably to blame, if
    the symptom appears after saving the file (or if you switch back and forth
    from Design to HTML). If it's the latter, I strongly recommend just using
    VS to code, and preview what it looks like in a browser.

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Oct 30, 2003