increase in spams

rakesh uv

Hi Moderator,
Is there any way to block the spam coming inside our
group, i am feeling that day by day, the spams are increasing and its
making the situation more worser.

Best Regards,
Rakesh UV

santosh

rakesh said:
Hi Moderator,
Is there any way to block the spam coming inside our
group, i am feeling that day by day, the spams are increasing and its
making the situation more worser.

As someone who has been frequenting this group as well as comp.std.c for
quite some time, I'm surprised that you still do not know that both
these groups are unmoderated. Just ignore spam.

If you must have moderation try <and enjoy
the discussions there.

Mark McIntyre

rakesh said:
Hi Moderator,
Is there any way to block the spam coming inside our
group, i am feeling that day by day, the spams are increasing and its
making the situation more worser.

Comp.lang.c isn't moderated. Your best solution is to use a newsreader
with decent spam and junk filters. I rather like Forte Agent (though I'm
currently experimenting with Thunderbird).

Default User

rakesh said:
Hi Moderator,

Does this really seem like a moderated group to you?
Is there any way to block the spam coming inside our
group, i am feeling that day by day, the spams are increasing and its
making the situation more worser.

The best solution is to subscribe to a good news service and use a good
newsreader (Google Groups is about the worst combination around). Then
you will pick up filtering at the service level and be able to further
filter at your level.

Brian