Increment & back page

Jaez

Moving from VB6 and now a newbie with VB in Visual studio and SQL 2005
please can you help with 2 questions?

First
--------------------
I have a database and a webpage with a table view linked to a formview to
select and display a selected record. This works fine.

I would like to be able to display the number of times a particular record
is viewed ie a database record hit counter.

Is there an easy way of incrementing a value with SQL code or do I need to
make routines to select - store value - increment - then update?

There must be a way to do this in one go.

Second

I would like to add a button to a webpage to return the user to the page
they came from ( ie like back button in IE ) even if its not from one of my
pages. I gather there is a history collection but I have failed in trying to
access it.

Thanks

jaez