Increment & back page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Jaez, Mar 18, 2007.

  1. Jaez

    Jaez Guest

    Moving from VB6 and now a newbie with VB in Visual studio and SQL 2005
    please can you help with 2 questions?

    First
    --------------------
    I have a database and a webpage with a table view linked to a formview to
    select and display a selected record. This works fine.

    I would like to be able to display the number of times a particular record
    is viewed ie a database record hit counter.

    Is there an easy way of incrementing a value with SQL code or do I need to
    make routines to select - store value - increment - then update?

    There must be a way to do this in one go.

    Second

    I would like to add a button to a webpage to return the user to the page
    they came from ( ie like back button in IE ) even if its not from one of my
    pages. I gather there is a history collection but I have failed in trying to
    access it.

    Thanks

    jaez
    Jaez, Mar 18, 2007