    As far as I can see it only takes a first letter when I am trying to type
    something in.

    Thanks
    Mark Goldin, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Mark,
    You have to remember that the DropDownList renders as an HTML Select
    element. In the HTML Select element, you can type in a letter to jump to an
    entry, but it will not support the feature you describe. This isn't a
    non-feature of ASP.NET, but HTML.

    Best Regards,
    Jeffrey Palermo

    Jeffrey Palermo [MCP], Jul 26, 2004

  3. Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 26, 2004
  4. Mark,

    Check out the WebCombo control from Infragistics.

    -Sam Matzen

    Samuel L Matzen, Jul 26, 2004
  5. Mark Goldin

    mglil

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    mglil, Aug 21, 2007
  6. Mark Goldin

    danico

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    ajax incremental search

    You may want to have a look at Exorbyte (software company from Germany).
    Ajax incremental search doesn't have to be slow and cumbersome anymore.
    Good luck.
    danico, Aug 13, 2009
  7. Mark Goldin

    rxiong

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    ASP.NET Incremental search

    Hi,

    Here's a cool commercial control called Dynamic List Field at xnodesystems.com. It's capable of:

    (1) Autocomplete (incremental search as you type)
    (2) Validation
    (3) Associating a label with the field.

    Richard Xiong
    Founder, xnodesystems.com