Index Server & Site Server + PDFs

Dave Karmens

I fire the following code on Index Server (different obj) and it returns
a PDFs no problem, but when I change the object to use the MSSearch for
Site Server I don't get any PDFs. Anything in the code that would cause
this? I can see the PDFs getting crawled in Site Server, but when I try
and search I don't get any pdfs. :<

<%
Set objQuery = Server.CreateObject ("MSSearch.Query")
objQuery.Catalog = "test"
objQuery.Query = "jerkstore.pdf"
objQuery.Columns = "Title, DocAddress, Description, Rank"
objQuery.SortBy = "Rank[d], Title"
objQuery.MaxRecords = 100
Set objRS = objQuery.CreateRecordset ("sequential")
Response.Write objRS.Properties ("RowCount") & " documents match the
query<BR><BR>"
Response.Write "<TABLE BORDER=1>"
For I = 0 To objRS.Fields.Count - 1
Response.Write "<TH><STRONG>" & objRS (I).Name & "</STRONG></TH>"
Next
Do While Not objRS.EOF
Response.Write "<TR>"
For I = 0 To objRS.Fields.Count - 1
Response.Write "<TD>" & objRS (I) & "</TD>"
Next

Response.Write "</TR>"
objRS.MoveNext
Loop
Response.Write "</TABLE>"
objRS.Close
Set objRS = Nothing
Set objQuery = Nothing
%>

Dave Karmens

OK, I changed it to:

objQuery.Query = "@filename service"

And I get several PDFs, but when I remove the @filename I get 0 PDFs.

Hilary said:
why not try

objQuery.Query = "@filename jerkstore.pdf"

[...]

just1coder

That is only returning PDFs with the filename that match the query...

Hilary said:
[...]

Jtyc

I fire the following code on Index Server (different obj) and it returns
a PDFs no problem, but when I change the object to use the MSSearch for
Site Server I don't get any PDFs. Anything in the code that would cause
this? I can see the PDFs getting crawled in Site Server, but when I try
and search I don't get any pdfs. :<

Do you have the iFilter installed for PDFs?