Index Server & Site Server + PDFs

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Dave Karmens, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Dave Karmens

    Dave Karmens Guest

    I fire the following code on Index Server (different obj) and it returns
    a PDFs no problem, but when I change the object to use the MSSearch for
    Site Server I don't get any PDFs. Anything in the code that would cause
    this? I can see the PDFs getting crawled in Site Server, but when I try
    and search I don't get any pdfs. :<

    <%
    Set objQuery = Server.CreateObject ("MSSearch.Query")
    objQuery.Catalog = "test"
    objQuery.Query = "jerkstore.pdf"
    objQuery.Columns = "Title, DocAddress, Description, Rank"
    objQuery.SortBy = "Rank[d], Title"
    objQuery.MaxRecords = 100
    Set objRS = objQuery.CreateRecordset ("sequential")
    Response.Write objRS.Properties ("RowCount") & " documents match the
    query<BR><BR>"
    Response.Write "<TABLE BORDER=1>"
    For I = 0 To objRS.Fields.Count - 1
    Response.Write "<TH><STRONG>" & objRS (I).Name & "</STRONG></TH>"
    Next
    Do While Not objRS.EOF
    Response.Write "<TR>"
    For I = 0 To objRS.Fields.Count - 1
    Response.Write "<TD>" & objRS (I) & "</TD>"
    Next

    Response.Write "</TR>"
    objRS.MoveNext
    Loop
    Response.Write "</TABLE>"
    objRS.Close
    Set objRS = Nothing
    Set objQuery = Nothing
    %>
    Dave Karmens, Feb 3, 2004

  2. why not try

    objQuery.Query = "@filename jerkstore.pdf"

    Hilary Cotter, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Dave Karmens

    Dave Karmens Guest

    OK, I changed it to:

    objQuery.Query = "@filename service"

    And I get several PDFs, but when I remove the @filename I get 0 PDFs.

    Dave Karmens, Feb 3, 2004
  4. Dave Karmens

    Guest

    That is only returning PDFs with the filename that match the query...

    Hilary Cotter wrote:

    > why not try
    >
    > objQuery.Query = "@filename jerkstore.pdf"
    >

    > "Dave Karmens" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I fire the following code on Index Server (different obj) and it returns
    >>a PDFs no problem, but when I change the object to use the MSSearch for
    >>Site Server I don't get any PDFs. Anything in the code that would cause
    >>this? I can see the PDFs getting crawled in Site Server, but when I try
    >>and search I don't get any pdfs. :<
    >>

    >><%
    >>Set objQuery = Server.CreateObject ("MSSearch.Query")
    >>objQuery.Catalog = "test"
    >>objQuery.Query = "jerkstore.pdf"
    >>objQuery.Columns = "Title, DocAddress, Description, Rank"
    >>objQuery.SortBy = "Rank[d], Title"
    >>objQuery.MaxRecords = 100
    >>Set objRS = objQuery.CreateRecordset ("sequential")
    >>Response.Write objRS.Properties ("RowCount") & " documents match the
    >>query<BR><BR>"
    >>Response.Write "<TABLE BORDER=1>"
    >>For I = 0 To objRS.Fields.Count - 1
    >>Response.Write "<TH><STRONG>" & objRS (I).Name & "</STRONG></TH>"
    >>Next
    >>Do While Not objRS.EOF
    >> Response.Write "<TR>"
    >> For I = 0 To objRS.Fields.Count - 1
    >>Response.Write "<TD>" & objRS (I) & "</TD>"
    >> Next
    >>
    >> Response.Write "</TR>"
    >> objRS.MoveNext
    >>Loop
    >>Response.Write "</TABLE>"
    >>objRS.Close
    >>Set objRS = Nothing
    >>Set objQuery = Nothing
    >>%>

    , Feb 3, 2004
  5. Dave Karmens

    Jtyc Guest

    > I fire the following code on Index Server (different obj) and it returns
    > a PDFs no problem, but when I change the object to use the MSSearch for
    > Site Server I don't get any PDFs. Anything in the code that would cause
    > this? I can see the PDFs getting crawled in Site Server, but when I try
    > and search I don't get any pdfs. :<

    Do you have the iFilter installed for PDFs?
    Jtyc, Feb 3, 2004
  6. Dave Karmens

    Dave Karmens Guest

    Yup.