Infragistics on Hosted Server

Guest

I have a problem with the Infragistics web controls on a hosted server. I get
Security Exception errors. It appears that my site doesn’t have the correct
privileges, how can I overcome the problem without getting the service
provider to make changes? I don’t know if the service provider will make the
required changes or not. Or have I just got something else wrong?

This is the actual error.
Security Exception
by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Security error.

Chris.

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

u should first try the infragistics support site for resolution of this
issue

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [Microsoft MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Now Available @ http://www.lulu.com/owc

Guest

I did, that's why I have posted here.

Their products are great but their support is another matter.

Chris Podmore said:
I have a problem with the Infragistics web controls on a hosted server. I
get
Security Exception errors. It appears that my site doesn't have the
correct
privileges, how can I overcome the problem without getting the service
provider to make changes? I don't know if the service provider will make
the
required changes or not. Or have I just got something else wrong?

This is the actual error.
Security Exception
by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Security error.

Chris.

Guest

Does this not very good response count as "A commitment to respond to your
post" as stated in the managed newsgroup home page?

Chris Podmore said:
I have a problem with the Infragistics web controls on a hosted server. I
get
Security Exception errors. It appears that my site doesn't have the
correct
privileges, how can I overcome the problem without getting the service
provider to make changes? I don't know if the service provider will make
the
required changes or not. Or have I just got something else wrong?

This is the actual error.
Security Exception
by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Security error.

Chris.

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Not really, the newsgroups is set up for microsoft products. But aside from
this, there may be more knowledgable people at the infragistics site than
you would find here.

--

Chris Podmore said:
I have a problem with the Infragistics web controls on a hosted server.
get
Security Exception errors. It appears that my site doesn't have the
correct
privileges, how can I overcome the problem without getting the service
provider to make changes? I don't know if the service provider will
make
the
required changes or not. Or have I just got something else wrong?

This is the actual error.
Security Exception
allowed
by the security policy. To grant this application the required
permission
please contact your system administrator or change the application's
trust
level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Security error.

Chris.

Guest

Alvin,

There might be more knowledgable people on the Infragistics site but their
site doesn't work. I just get errors, the error icon on left of status bar.

Doesn't say much when their own site doesn't work. I have sent them e-mail
directly about the problem with no reply. Maybe it's time to look for another
suite of controls.

Chris.