Inherited page events not being hit

AC [MVP MCMS]

I feel like I'm missing something so simple...

I have a page (start.aspx) whose code behind is
public class Start : AdminPage
base.OnInit(e);
int x=1;

And my AdminPage class looks like this:
public class AdminPage : System.Web.UI.Page
int x=1;

No, it's not really this simple, but I'm removing my custom stuff to keep it
simple for this question. Anyway, I build and set a breakpoint in the
AdminPage.OnInit assignment and it never stops... but it does stop on the
Start OnInit if I do the same thing... ideas? I'm flat out lost.

Karl Seguin

Andrew:
If I copy your code exactly into vs.net:

using System;
using System.Web.UI;

namespace TestCS
{
public class Start : AdminPage
base.OnInit(e);
int x = 1;

public class AdminPage : Page
int x = 1;

and debug it, I hit both OnInit...your AdminPage should probably also call
base.OnInit(e) but that won't solve your problem......have you tried the
simple example without all the stuff or did you just strip some stuff out
for our benefit?

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
annoying)

Karl Seguin

We should be attending some of the same teched sessions, see you there :)

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
annoying)