Initialize managed bean with header information?

Discussion in 'Java' started by timtheis@yahoo.com, Dec 17, 2004.

  1. Guest

    We use Netegrity's SiteMinder for SSO security on all web apps.
    Although SiteMinder handles security for accessing the application
    itself, restrictions to certain functions and data are handled within
    the application based on user type.
    The user information (such as name, type, etc.) are passed in from
    SiteMinder via header variables. ie:
    hddr_user = Joe Blo
    hddr_group = Admin
    hddr_phone = 555-555-5555

    I'm looking at different designs to capture all of this user
    information from the headers at one time and store as a bean in the
    user's session (so as to not need to continually reference the header
    information).

    Does anyone know if you can create a managed bean (ie. User) that is
    initialized with header information (by using the configuration file
    w/ value-binding expressions)?

    , Dec 17, 2004

    I see I failed to mention that this question is being asked in the
    context of using the JSF framework.

    , Dec 20, 2004

    Clarification: I see I failed to mention that this question is being
    asked in the context of using the JSF framework. Any advice would be
    appreciated.

    , Dec 20, 2004