    of), but in Opera 7 it all goes horribly wrong and i can't figure out why.

    Anyhelp would be most appricated.

    Hardeep

    Hardeep Rakhra, Feb 28, 2004

  2. Hardeep Rakhra

    rf Guest

    "Hardeep Rakhra" <> wrote in message
    news:c1qp9o$177446$-berlin.de...

    > Heya,
    >
    > I wonder if anyone can point out where i'm going wrong here....
    >
    > http://makeupheaven.co.uk/testarea/index.html
    >
    > The navigation list is fine in IE5.X IE6 Firebird/fox and Safari (kind
    > of), but in Opera 7 it all goes horribly wrong and i can't figure out why.

    It goes horribly wrong with IE as well. Simply make your font size larger or
    largest, the menu wraps, badly.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Feb 29, 2004

  3. rf wrote:

    > It goes horribly wrong with IE as well. Simply make your font size larger or
    > largest, the menu wraps, badly.

    Quite happy in Firebird/Firefox, gonna fix the IE issue by shortening
    the menu. Easiest way i see, i've asked before on how to make it fit
    accross the sceen with no luck. Just the opera issue get's me total.

    Hardeep.

    Hardeep Rakhra, Feb 29, 2004
  4. rf wrote:

    > It goes horribly wrong with IE as well. Simply make your font size larger or
    > largest, the menu wraps, badly.

    Now i swear that wasn't happening before :eek:| Also by little decorative
    buttons are going mad when you scale up in IE too!

    Okay can someone help with both these issues? The dammed think scales
    beautifuly in Firefox.

    Hardeep.

    Hardeep Rakhra, Feb 29, 2004
  5. Hardeep Rakhra

    > rf wrote:
    >

    > > It goes horribly wrong with IE as well. Simply make your font size

    larger or
    > > largest, the menu wraps, badly.
    > >

    > Now i swear that wasn't happening before :eek:| Also by little decorative
    > buttons are going mad when you scale up in IE too!
    >
    > Okay can someone help with both these issues? The dammed think scales
    > beautifuly in Firefox.

    IE has a problem with font-size specified in ems. Under certain
    circumstances it loses the plot and applies the font-size twice, depending
    on the user font-size setting. So, small becomes bloody small and large
    becomes cosmically large. However, all other things like sizes of divs (in
    ems) remain as they should be, small remains small and large remains large.

    You have specified width in ems for your elements but have fallen into the
    IE bug. The content is getting bigger faster than its container.

    The best workaround is to not specify width at all and allow your content to
    flow to the width of the viewers canvas. If you don't want to do that then
    the hack to eliminate the bug is to specify:

    body {font-size: 100%;}

    Don't ask why, it just works :)

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Feb 29, 2004
  6. Toby A Inkster, Feb 29, 2004
  7. rf wrote:

    > The best workaround is to not specify width at all and allow your content to
    > flow to the width of the viewers canvas. If you don't want to do that then
    > the hack to eliminate the bug is to specify:
    >
    > body {font-size: 100%;}

    Thanks for that, worked a treat. Will address the Opera isssue tommrrow
    after some much needed sleep.

    Thanks.

    Hardeep.

    Hardeep Rakhra, Mar 1, 2004