    How do I accomplish this task? I thought of overloading the render method of
    page, but couldn't find any hint.
    Thank you for assitance.

    Sean Feldman, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Sean Feldman

    JuanDG Guest

    I explained this one on an earlier post (like a week ago), here's the info
    again, but if you tell me exactly why do you need this <X> tag maybe we can
    try to figure out a solution

    Cheers!!!

    ---------------OLD POST---------------------

    ASP.NET Engine (which I explained on an earlier post) is designed to render
    pages in the most accurate way for the device requesting them.

    That's why we use generic tags like <mobile:form> or <mobile:label>.
    By using the "mobile" keyword in the start of the tag we're telling the
    ASP.NET Engine to replace those tags with equivalent tags in the markup
    language supported by the device requesting the page.

    In the namespace System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Adapters you can find all the
    adapters that render mobile controls into specific tags of a given markup
    language (like WML, xHTML, cHTML).

    That's the reason why all the specific markup (like HTML) that you write in
    a mobile web form will be removed at runtime, because it can't be adapted
    into other markup languages. If you want to use a specific feature supported
    only by a few devices or a single markup language you hay to use the custom
    device filters.

    I hope I made myself clear, if not, please tell me so I can elaborate some
    more.

    Regards!!!!

    --

    Juan David Gomez A.
    Microsoft Certified Professional

    JuanDG, Oct 29, 2004

  3. Sean Feldman

    Sean Feldman Guest

    Hi,
    thanks for your post.
    What I need is to render a psecial tag requiered by local mobile provider
    just after the <body> tag (I'm talking about Xhtml content), so it would look
    like:
    <!-- regular content rendered by mobile asp.net -->

    The Render method of XhtmlFormAdapter didn't help since it renders the
    inside content of body. Any idea?

    Sean Feldman, Jan 9, 2005