Insert record using Gridview Footer

Hennie

I have a textbox in the Footer of a Gridview.
When I run an insert command I get the following error:
"

to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 87:
Line 88:
Line 89: Dim strOperatorID As String =
CType(GVProgram.FooterRow.FindControl("ddlOperatorID"),
DropDownList).SelectedValue

"

What is wrong with the code?

Thanks
Hennie

Hennie

Dim strOperatorID As String = CType(GVProgram.FindControl("ddlOperatorID"),
DropDownList).SelectedValue

Is not helping either