Inserting data into a database

Ria Van Heerden

How do I insert data from one form into two tables in a database?

I am working with ASP pages and a MSSQL database

Please let me know if one of you have done this before and how this is
possible

Kind Regards
Ria

Razzbar

You'd have better luck in a newsgroup that deals with ASP and mssql
databases. Your question has nothing to do with JavaScript, what you
want to do happens at the server, not the browser.

Sorry, I don't know of a newsgroup that deals with ASP and MSSQL, but
you might be able to find one on groups.google.com

Lee

Ria Van Heerden said:
How do I insert data from one form into two tables in a database?

I am working with ASP pages and a MSSQL database

Please let me know if one of you have done this before and how this is
possible

This question might get a better response if you ask it in a newsgroup
that has something to do with ASP pages and/or databases.

Good luck

Ria Van Heerden

Thanks for replying ... you are right ... I have been putting in way to much
hours on this project and did not even think of looking at the ASP
newsgroup. I am going to take a couple of hours of sleep and try again.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards
Ria

cosmic foo

Ria Van Heerden said:
Thanks for replying ... you are right ... I have been putting in way to much
hours on this project and did not even think of looking at the ASP
newsgroup. I am going to take a couple of hours of sleep and try again.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards
Ria

simple, you just update some of the form data
into one table, and some to the other table,
using separate update or insert statements in
the page you post your form data to.
there's no restriction that says these many forms
must update these many tables.