insertion of string into characters of parsed xml (in SAX)

YuliaG

Hi,
I'm using SAX for XML parsing and inserting new elements (can't use
DOM).
I have a string that contains result of some "xml export to string",
the file (as characters of some tag I'm adding) at a run time.

I tried:

Attributes attr = new AttributesImpl();
super.startElement(uri, "myData", "myData", attr);
char[] myDataAsChars = myData.toCharArray();
super.characters(myDataAsChars ,0,myDataAsChars.length -1);
super.endElement(uri, "myData", "myData");

I need to get in file the following result:

But, instead I get:
<myData>&lt;a&gt;&lt;b&lt;xxxxxx&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/a&gt;</myData>

How can I do this insertion correctly?
Thanks,
Yulia

Arnaud Berger

Hi,

You should probably better use also startElement and endElement for a and b,
rather than
printing them in a String (if they also are XML elements).

startElement(...myData...)
startElement(...a...)
startElement(...b...)
.....characters(...xxxxxx...)
endElement(...myData...)
endElement(...a...)
endElement(...b...)

If the problem is that <a> and <b> shouldn't appear as part of the XML
structure, you may consider
using CDATA sections.
http://access1.sun.com/techarticles/CDATA/CDATAArticle.html

Regards,