install questions

Discussion in 'Python' started by A Chan, Dec 28, 2004.

  1. A Chan

    A Chan Guest

    Hi, All,

    I'm new in Python. I just install ActivePython 2.4 on
    my PC and also install SOAPpy-0.11.6.zip,
    soapy-0.1.win32.exe. When I run the following script,
    I got no module named SOAPpy. Am I missing any
    modules? Thanks

    Angela
    error message:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File
    "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py",
    line 310, in RunScript
    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
    File "C:\test1.py", line 1, in ?
    import SOAPpy
    ImportError: No module named SOAPpy

    Python script:

    import SOAPpy

    WSDL_URI =
    "http://www.xmethods.net/sd/2001/TemperatureService.wsdl"
    service = SOAPpy.WSDL.Proxy(WSDL_URI)

    # if you are behind a proxy server, you need to set
    this
    service.soapproxy.http_proxy = 'PROXY_HOST:pROXY_PORT'

    # set config so that we dump the SOAP envelopes
    # (sometimes you will be thrilled to see the SOAP
    envelopes)
    service.soapproxy.config.dumpSOAPOut = 1
    service.soapproxy.config.dumpSOAPIn = 1

    temp = service.getTemp('90210') # get temperature in
    Beverly Hills
    print 'The temperature in Beverly Hills is',temp,'F'
    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    A Chan, Dec 28, 2004