Installing a python program without full distribution - minimal requirements...

Discussion in 'Python' started by jeuxal_com, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. jeuxal_com

    jeuxal_com Guest

    Hi,

    I need to add a python program (web updater+extras) with a window application.
    The same thing as the Online Lord of the Ring game (http://lotrtcg.decipher.com/).
    When you install their application, it create a subdirectory with very few python files*.dll,*.pyd,*.pyc.:

    _socket.pyd
    _sre.pyd
    _tkinter.pyd
    (laucher.pyc)
    (lotrotcglaucher.exe)
    python22.dll
    PyWinTypes22.dll
    tcl83.dll
    tk83.dll
    win32api.pyd
    xlib.pyd
    _MEI\...

    Context: I want to add some python capabilities to my application, but not force the user to install the full python distro.
    Questions:
    1- Are these files sufficient? (Too simple to be true!)
    2- Is their some registry/path entries do perform to setup a minimal python runtime?

    Other ideas, examples of how to do it in a simple way?

    Thanks
    AL

    jeuxal_com, Feb 29, 2004

  2. jeuxal_com

    Mr. Everest Guest

    Take a look at http://py2exe.sourceforge.net/

    Mr. Everest, Mar 1, 2004

  3. jeuxal_com

    Paul McGuire Guest

    "jeuxal_com" <> wrote in message
    Hi,

    I need to add a python program (web updater+extras) with a window
    application.
    The same thing as the Online Lord of the Ring game
    (http://lotrtcg.decipher.com/).
    When you install their application, it create a subdirectory with very few
    python files*.dll,*.pyd,*.pyc.:
    <snip>
    Google for py2exe or McMillan Installer. These utilities will zip your
    Python code plus these needed dll's, etc. into a free-standing .EXE file.

    -- Paul

    Paul McGuire, Mar 1, 2004