Installing boost

Tim Slattery

I've tried to install the Boost libraries, and apparently failed. I
downloaded boost_1_33_1.exe, and ran it. That caused many files to be
extracted into a directory structure. Good.

I downloaded boost-jam-3.11.13-1ntx86.zip, extracted bjam.exe from
that, and put it into a directory that's on my PATH.

I opened a command window, and ran my VCVARS32.bat file, to set
environment variables. I have VC++ 6.0 on this machine, so I navigated
to the Boost directory, and gave this command:

bjam "sTools=msvc" install

And got this result (after LOTS and LOTS of stuff scrolled by):

.... failed updating 948 targets ...
.... skipped 412 targets ...
.... updated 3785 targets ...

It seems to have copied all the header files to where they are
supposed to be, but the lib subdirectory of the installation directory
is empty. So I must have done something wrong, but I have no clue
what.

What did I miss?

--
Tim Slattery
(e-mail address removed)

kwikius

Tim said:
[...]

You should go to the boost user list.

regards
Andy Little

David Harmon

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 13:40:54 -0500 in comp.lang.c++, Tim Slattery
I opened a command window, and ran my VCVARS32.bat file, to set
environment variables. I have VC++ 6.0 on this machine,

You are going to need a compiler from this century.

Tim Slattery

kwikius said:
You should go to the boost user list.

I have, but it's nearly impossible to post anything there. Still
waiting for moderator approval after jumping through many hoops.

--
Tim Slattery
(e-mail address removed)