installing tkiner

Robert

I am trying to use tkinter on macos 10.2.6.

I am not having any luck. I have tried this.

python
python2.4 after downloading
downloaded TclTkAquaBI-8.4.6.1-Jaguar.dmg and installed
python2.4 could not find tkiniter

downloaded macpython 2.3.3 macphyton find tkinter but got an application
exception.

I was under the impression that macpython included tkinter, so I
manually deleted TclTkAquaBI the best I could.

macpython could not find tkinter.

In the packages section of macpython, I saw...
('no', '_tkinter-2.3-binary', 'Enables Tkinter GUI building with
Python.')

Please advise.

Robert

rccharles

Robert said:
I am trying to use tkinter on macos 10.2.6.

There is a documented restriction that you cannot run gui programs from
the ide.

re-installed TclTkAquaBI-8.4.6.1-Jaguar.dmg
used the pythonw command.

Robert