Instance Names

Tim Cook

Hi All,

I have a need (if at all possible) to create instance names using '['
and ']', i.e. [at0000]=ClassA0(), [at0001]=ClassB2(), etc.

Of course Python tries to unpack a sequence when I do that. Is there
anyway to do this?

I do have a workaround but it is an ugly, nasty URL mangling thing. :)

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services

Tim Cook

I suspect there is some "misunderstanding" here. Why exactly do you think you
need to have your instances named with [] characters in them?

I often misunderstand. :)

But, I am implementing specifications in Python that are already
implemented in other languages.

http://www.openehr.org/releases/1.0.1/roadmap.html

These specifications say that an archetype node id consists of
identifiers like [at0000] and [at0001]. Now these are valid URIs and
the associated query language (AQL) used by other services will send
queries with those characters in them.

For example:
FROM EHR [ehr_id/value=$ehrUid] CONTAINS COMPOSITION
[openEHR-EHR-COMPOSITION.encounter.v1]
CONTAINS OBSERVATION obs [openEHR-EHR-OBSERVATION.blood_pressure.v1]
WHERE
obs/data[at0001]/events[at0006]/data[at0003]/items[at0004]/value/value

Since I am also using Zope3 it would be easier on me to name the
instances with those characters.

But my fall back is to set at0000.__name__='[at0000]' and manipulate the
query to match __name__ instead of the actual instance ID.

Thoughts?

--Tim