Instiki problems

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Han Holl, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. Han Holl

    Han Holl Guest

    (If there is another platform for instiki questions, I'll be glad to use that,
    but I didn't find any).

    1. If I have a page that contains: < m >
    and I fetch that page, I get (lots cutted):
    <form id="editForm" action="../save/eindfuncties" method="post"
    onSubmit="cleanAuthorName();">
    <p>
    <textarea name="content" style="width: 450px; height: 500px">
    < m ></textarea>
    </p>
    <p>

    This is invalid xml: The < and > in the textarea should be replaced by
    entities.

    2. About half the <input ... > elements in the app directory-tree are not
    closed. Easy enough to fix, and apparently parsers don't care, but my app
    does.

    Cheers,

    Han Holl
     
    Han Holl, Oct 26, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Han Holl

    Han Holl Guest

    On Tuesday 26 October 2004 20:53, Han Holl wrote:

    > closed. Easy enough to fix, and apparently parsers don't care, but my app


    Not parsers, browsers.

    Han
     
    Han Holl, Oct 26, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Han Holl

    Han Holl Guest

    On Tuesday 26 October 2004 20:53, Han Holl wrote:
    > (If there is another platform for instiki questions, I'll be glad to use
    > that, but I didn't find any).
    >
    > 1. If I have a page that contains: < m >
    > and I fetch that page, I get (lots cutted):
    > <form id="editForm" action="../save/eindfuncties" method="post"
    > onSubmit="cleanAuthorName();">
    > <p>
    > <textarea name="content" style="width: 450px; height: 500px">
    > < m ></textarea>
    > </p>
    > <p>

    I solved this, by changing edit.rhtml, line 13 to
    <textarea name="content" style="width: 450px; height: 500px"> \
    <![CDATA[<%= @page.content %>]]></textarea>

    No longer any parsing problems.

    Cheers,

    Han Holl
     
    Han Holl, Oct 26, 2004
    #3
  4. Han Holl

    Han Holl Guest

    On Tuesday 26 October 2004 21:37, Han Holl wrote:

    > I solved this, by changing edit.rhtml, line 13 to
    > <textarea name="content" style="width: 450px; height: 500px"> \
    > <![CDATA[<%= @page.content %>]]></textarea>
    >
    > No longer any parsing problems.
    >

    Aaah!. No longer any parsing problems, but if I open the edit window I
    see [DATA[ at the begin and ]] at the end of the textarea.

    I don't see <!

    Cheers,

    Han Holl
     
    Han Holl, Oct 26, 2004
    #4
  5. On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 05:03:05 +0900, Han Holl
    <> wrote:
    > On Tuesday 26 October 2004 21:37, Han Holl wrote:
    > > I solved this, by changing edit.rhtml, line 13 to
    > > <textarea name="content" style="width: 450px; height: 500px"> \
    > > <![CDATA[<%= @page.content %>]]></textarea>
    > > No longer any parsing problems.

    > Aaah!. No longer any parsing problems, but if I open the edit window I
    > see [DATA[ at the begin and ]] at the end of the textarea.
    > I don't see <!


    I just tested this in Ruwiki and the behaviour with <![CDATA[...]]> is
    the same, at least on Mozilla. However, I don't believe that Ruwiki
    exhibits the same parsing behviour that you're experiencing, because I
    *think* that I do a proper entity clean in Ruwiki.

    -austin
    --
    Austin Ziegler *
    * Alternate:
    : as of this email, I have [ 5 ] Gmail invitations
     
    Austin Ziegler, Oct 26, 2004
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. David Heinemeier Hansson

    [ANN] Instiki: There's no step three

    David Heinemeier Hansson, Feb 25, 2004, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    201
    David Heinemeier Hansson
    Feb 25, 2004
  2. Guillaume Marcais

    Redcloth and instiki

    Guillaume Marcais, Apr 7, 2004, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    124
    Guillaume Marcais
    Apr 8, 2004
  3. David Heinemeier Hansson

    [ANN] Instiki 0.3.0: Before the Storm

    David Heinemeier Hansson, Apr 9, 2004, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    146
    David Heinemeier Hansson
    Apr 12, 2004
  4. Peña, Botp
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    170
    David Heinemeier Hansson
    Sep 19, 2004
  5. Replies:
    2
    Views:
    243
    CBlair1986
    Oct 10, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page