INT 3 in javaw.exe

Tim Ward

So I'm running a Java application by running javaw.exe under the Visual
Studio debugger ... yes, I've got a good reason for this, it's so that I can
debug my JNI DLL.

Thing is, whenever a (Swing) dialog is closed in the Java application,
javaw.exe executes an INT 3 which the C++ debugger thinks is a user
breakpoint, so takes over control. Sure I can ignore this "user breakpoint"
and switch back to the Java app but it's a bit tedious having to do this
over and over again.

Anyone know

(a) *why* javaw.exe thinks it's a fun idea to execute an INT 3 whenever a
window is closed?
(b) if there's any way of telling it not to?