Inter-Process JNI

Justin Kaeser

Hello fellows,

I have following problem:
I have a C application running in one process and a JVM in the other,
and would like these two to communicate through JNI, preferrably
through a sort of "proxy library" so that the syntactic details of the
JNI are hidden from the existing applications. One could visualize it
perhaps like this:

[JVM] <---- (JNI Proxy) ----> [C]

Using higher level means of communication are likely to be to time
consuming for the application (method call times should be lower than
1 ms). But I'm open to any solution, so if you can give me any hints
to an efficient way of doing this I'd be grateful.