Intercept HTML Hyperlinks on Render

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Elroyskimms, Sep 24, 2007.

  1. Elroyskimms

    Elroyskimms Guest

    I'm updating an existing project to send data between pages using
    Server.Transfer (HTTPContext) instead of response.redirect and
    querystring parameters. All of my web user controls inherit from a
    custom base class so I'd like to modify that base class to capture all

    I want to modify the value of the href attribute to run a javascript
    function on the page. The javascript function will parse the
    querystring parameters and post them back to the server which will
    then add the name/value pairs to the current Context and then call
    server.transfer

    Laziness is my motivation. We are adding some features that use info
    which should not be passed in querystring parameters. If I could make
    this work, I could convert all of my web user controls to
    server.transfer without having to manually change each one.

    Is this possible? Is this recommended? Can anyone point me in the
    right direction?

    Thanks,

    -E

    Elroyskimms, Sep 24, 2007