Intercept HTML Hyperlinks on Render

Elroyskimms

I'm updating an existing project to send data between pages using
Server.Transfer (HTTPContext) instead of response.redirect and
querystring parameters. All of my web user controls inherit from a
custom base class so I'd like to modify that base class to capture all

I want to modify the value of the href attribute to run a javascript
function on the page. The javascript function will parse the
querystring parameters and post them back to the server which will
then add the name/value pairs to the current Context and then call
server.transfer

Laziness is my motivation. We are adding some features that use info
which should not be passed in querystring parameters. If I could make
this work, I could convert all of my web user controls to
server.transfer without having to manually change each one.

Is this possible? Is this recommended? Can anyone point me in the
right direction?

Thanks,

-E