Intercepting the rendered output before it goes to the client

Nick

Hi,

Is it possible to pass execution to a view (aspx file), let it do its job,
and then capture the output? I want to achieve something like this during a
HttpRequest:

1. Invoke the controller to process the request
2. Start building the page by doing the following:
A: Read a template file
B: For each required view read from the template file, invoke the view
and let it render, then put its output into the template
C: Do B for all views required
D: Return the final output to the client

I also need controls to be usable from the code-behind pages of a view. Is
this possible or is there a much better, more elegant way of doing this?

Cheers,

Nick.

Nick

Hi Steve,

I was trying RenderControl but it didnt seem to write anything...I will take
a look at those links, thanks a lot.

Nick.