Interface selection

ias0nas

Hello,

How can I select on wich interface a socket will connect to?
Say I have a pc with one network card and a 56K modem, how can I select
on wich interface will the socket connect?

Thank you

Diez B. Roggisch

Hello,

How can I select on wich interface a socket will connect to?
Say I have a pc with one network card and a 56K modem, how can I select
on wich interface will the socket connect?

you need to specify the ip address that interface has been assigned to in
the bind-call.

Diez B. Roggisch

Actually its not a server. I dont do any binding call, just a connect.

Then where is your problem? The two interfaces have been assigned distinct
IPs, so connect to the appropriate one.