Internal Project Staffing

Lucky Star

Hello All,

We have the following requirement.

Please send matching Profiles along with the Rate Expectations, Contact

Details and Availability of the Candidate for the same.

A whole project needs staffing.

The project is a conversion from VC++ to C#.

For the 1st one year, the candidates will work on VC++, MFC, SQL
Server. During that process, they will be trained in C#. The project
will then continue for another 1 year.

So, they need 5 consultants to start with 4-5years experience in VC++,

MFC coding with SQL Server as the back-end. Let us try and find people

to join us.

The project is in Columbus, OH.

Rate:- Open.

Let me know if you need more information on the same.

Many Thanks,

Renuka
Technical Recruiter
KLM Software Services Inc.
1111 N. Plaza Dr
Suite 101
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Tel : 847-995-9556 Ext 212
Fax : 847-995-9557
(e-mail address removed)

Stuart Golodetz

Lucky Star said:
Hello All,
<snip job ad>
Many Thanks,
<snip details>

This isn't a jobs newsgroup, sorry. Might I recommend reading the FAQ?

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.10

This also isn't a newsgroup about VC++ or C#. It's a newsgroup for
discussion of the C++ *language* (hence the name...comp.lang.c++...not a
coincidence, honestly!).

[OT]
For what it's worth, wouldn't it make more sense to recruit people who are
already familiar with both VC++ and C#? To convert from X to Y, it does help
if you're familiar with both X and Y before you start. Otherwise the venture
is liable to be a doomed one.

It's also worth commenting that how many years' experience you have in
something isn't the point. What matters is what you learnt during those
years. You could sit on your butt in front of a VC++ IDE for five years and
learn nothing. Or you could pick up most of what you need to know about VC++
relatively quickly. Saying "we require people who've sat in front of a VC++
IDE for 5 years" might get you people with a clue...or it might not. It's
all a bit hit and miss.
[/OT]

Hope this helps, anyway,
Stu

Christopher Benson-Manica

Stuart Golodetz said:
For what it's worth, wouldn't it make more sense to recruit people who are
already familiar with both VC++ and C#? To convert from X to Y, it does help
if you're familiar with both X and Y before you start. Otherwise the venture
is liable to be a doomed one.

Sounds doomed regardless, in light of the fact that the "recruiter"
uses (e-mail address removed) as an e-mail address.
Hope this helps, anyway,

Your altruism is commendable :)

Stuart Golodetz

Christopher Benson-Manica said:
Sounds doomed regardless, in light of the fact that the "recruiter"
uses (e-mail address removed) as an e-mail address.

Well it did occur to me, yes, but I thought perhaps I should refrain from
mentioning it :)