    Just tell me how can we type non-english characters in the applications
    using Java?

    -Sameer

    Sameer, Jan 15, 2005

  2. Sameer wrote:
    > Dear Sir/Madam,
    > Can anybody tell me how Java is helpful in using Non-English and
    > complex languages like Devnagari (from INDIA), Chinese, Urdu etc. in
    > designing GUI interfaces for the programmes?
    > It is said that Java supports unicode characters and using unicode we
    > can type complex languages. How to achieve this?
    > Can I type a Devnagari(Marathi, Hindi, Sanskrit) character to Java
    > Console using System.out.println?
    > How do I proceed in learning such techniques?
    > Just tell me how can we type non-english characters in the applications
    > using Java?
    >
    > -Sameer

    Sameer,

    All of your questions can be answered by yourself, so long as you know
    where to look.

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=how to use java internationalization&btnG=Google Search&meta=

    Andrew McDonagh, Jan 15, 2005

  3. Sameer wrote:

    > Dear Sir/Madam,
    > Can anybody tell me how Java is helpful in using Non-English and
    > complex languages like Devnagari (from INDIA), Chinese, Urdu etc. in
    > designing GUI interfaces for the programmes?

    Yes, Java has pretty good support for using all kinds of languages.

    > It is said that Java supports unicode characters and using unicode we
    > can type complex languages. How to achieve this?

    Using unicode is really the smallest part of this complex topic.

    > Can I type a Devnagari(Marathi, Hindi, Sanskrit) character to Java
    > Console using System.out.println?

    That depends on the console.

    > How do I proceed in learning such techniques?

    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/i18n/index.html
    might be one starting point.

    Michael Borgwardt, Jan 15, 2005