Internationalisation and Unicode

Sameer

Dear Sir/Madam,
Can anybody tell me how Java is helpful in using Non-English and
complex languages like Devnagari (from INDIA), Chinese, Urdu etc. in
designing GUI interfaces for the programmes?
It is said that Java supports unicode characters and using unicode we
can type complex languages. How to achieve this?
Can I type a Devnagari(Marathi, Hindi, Sanskrit) character to Java
Console using System.out.println?
How do I proceed in learning such techniques?
Just tell me how can we type non-english characters in the applications
using Java?

-Sameer

Andrew McDonagh

Sameer said:
Dear Sir/Madam,
Can anybody tell me how Java is helpful in using Non-English and
complex languages like Devnagari (from INDIA), Chinese, Urdu etc. in
designing GUI interfaces for the programmes?
It is said that Java supports unicode characters and using unicode we
can type complex languages. How to achieve this?
Can I type a Devnagari(Marathi, Hindi, Sanskrit) character to Java
Console using System.out.println?
How do I proceed in learning such techniques?
Just tell me how can we type non-english characters in the applications
using Java?

-Sameer

Sameer,

All of your questions can be answered by yourself, so long as you know
where to look.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=how+to+use+java+internationalization&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Michael Borgwardt

Sameer said:
Dear Sir/Madam,
Can anybody tell me how Java is helpful in using Non-English and
complex languages like Devnagari (from INDIA), Chinese, Urdu etc. in
designing GUI interfaces for the programmes?

Yes, Java has pretty good support for using all kinds of languages.
It is said that Java supports unicode characters and using unicode we
can type complex languages. How to achieve this?

Using unicode is really the smallest part of this complex topic.
Can I type a Devnagari(Marathi, Hindi, Sanskrit) character to Java
Console using System.out.println?

That depends on the console.
How do I proceed in learning such techniques?

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/i18n/index.html
might be one starting point.