Internationalizing a python app

Patrick Smith

Hi,
I'm in the middle of developing an application in python, wxPython, and
PythonCard.

The nature of the application require it to be internationalized, and
localized in a number of languages.

I have separate python files for each language file, and import each
language file dynamically as requested by the user.

I currently have the app running in english and spanish without any
problems, however, I recently had the contents of the interface translated
into Farsi (Iranian persian), and I have been unable to get python to play
nice with the language file.

In my spanish file, I set the encoding to utf-8, and everything worked fine,
however, when I do the same for the farsi file, it does not work.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I could try?

Thanks.