"Interrupted function call" exception in Python service while relogging

Discussion in 'Python' started by Nazgul, Jan 8, 2004.

  1. Nazgul

    Nazgul Guest

    Hi!
    Sorry if I posted it twice...
    I need your help...
    I have the following problem. I've implemented the python Windows Service
    which behaves like a log supervisor. If the space
    used by log files is bigger than a given upper limit, then it starts to
    delete log files until the space is less than a given
    lower limit. I configured the service to start up automatically on system
    boot. The script checks the space used by log files
    every 1000 secs. After analyse of the space, it falls asleep
    (time.sleep(1000)). Everything works OK, except one thing...
    Since the service is not tied to the user ID of the person starting it, the
    service should remain open even when that person
    who started it logs off. So I made an experiment and relogged. After that it
    turned out that the service stopped working. The
    Event Viewer returned the error:
    "SvcDoRun
    time.sleep(1000)
    exceptions.IOError: [Errno 4] Interrupted function call
    "
    I use Window XP OS and Python and Python 2.3.2
    I guess that some asynchronous signal was caught by the process during the
    execution of an interruptible function
    (time.sleep(1000)). Maybe it happened while pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del sequence
    during logging? Maybe I should add some signal
    handling?
    Unfortunately the Windows signal implementation is limited to 6 signals(?):
    SIGABRT Abnormal termination
    SIGFPE Floating-point error
    SIGILL Illegal instruction
    SIGINT CTRL+C signal