ints ints ints and ints

Mark A. Odell

HUH ??????????????????????

What can't you understand about this very simple preprocessing snippet?
I DONT WANT ANY IFDEFS !

Then take them out and just leave the typedef, good grief.
I WANT A COMPILER THAT CAN UNDERSTAND

SINT32
UINT32

It can as soon as you include your myBaseTypes.h file (with the safety
check ifdefs removed).

Kenneth Brody

Skybuck Flying wrote:
[...]
HUH ??????????????????????

I DONT WANT ANY IFDEFS !

I WANT A COMPILER THAT CAN UNDERSTAND

SINT32
UINT32

Or something like that...

So that everybody on the planet can easily write:

sint32 main()
[...]

And when you put this program on a system that doesn't have 32-bit
integers, then what?

Just make a header file that #define's the types you want, and be done
with it.

Jack Klein

Ok,

I am getting really sick of all these integers types. Not only in C... but
mostly in C.

WHY DOESN'T ANSI MAKE THESE TYPES A STANDARD

sint8
uint8

Because there are C implementations for processors that DON'T HAVE
8-bit data types. I'm working with one now.

[snip]
THE SHITTY SHIT IS !!!:

*plonk*

The signal to noise ratio has improved already...