Invalid or unsupported code page type error

AndyB

I'm running an ASP.NET application on a recently restored Windows 2000
server. The application uses localization to display Japanese text.

For some reason since the restore, certain text based functions are
failing with an error "Invalid or unsupported code page type".

They include string conversion functions, and trying to read values
from controls after a post back.

They work fine with English text. Another server, with the same set
up, works fine too.

So I'm rather baffled - if anyone has any suggestions they would be
much appreciated.

Regards

Andy