Invisible Background in Firefox.

Discussion in 'XML' started by Sneamia, May 25, 2006.

  1. Sneamia

    Sneamia Guest

    Sneamia, May 25, 2006

  2. Sneamia

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Sneamia wrote:
    > Take a look at http://www.geocities.com/jamesqian2001/test.xml .
    > Basically, there is a bug in Firefox that does not display the
    > background color/picture for the body tag. Is there any possible
    > workaround for this?

    Replace output type html with xml. Then you get a purple background.

    You're trying to do two conflicting things here, and FF is acting
    correctly in refusing to be duped.

    If you specify output type html then XSLT will create the output
    file in SGML -- the original HTML without Null End Tags. You can
    test this by using a standalone XSLT processor and examining the

    If you specify output type xml then it will create XML.

    You are specifying html but then giving the Document Type details
    as XHTML. So you have an old-style HTML document masquerading as
    XML, or vice versa.

    If you want to create output HTML with a DocType Declaration, use
    HTML 4.xx or something, and code accordingly.

    If you want to output valid XHTML, set the output type to xml.

    ///Peter
    --
    XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/
    Peter Flynn, May 25, 2006

  3. Sneamia

    Sneamia Guest

    I see.
    The background is still a bit funny, but its getting there.
    Thanks.
    Sneamia, May 26, 2006
  4. Sneamia

    Sneamia Guest

    Yea, I changed that, but only the background for the text is purple.
    Why is that? Is there anything else I screwed up on?
    Sneamia, May 26, 2006
  5. Sneamia

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Sneamia wrote:
    > Yea, I changed that, but only the background for the text is purple.
    > Why is that? Is there anything else I screwed up on?

    What else ought to be purple? Your CSS says any element with the
    class value "site".

    ///Peter
    Peter Flynn, May 26, 2006
  6. Sneamia

    Sneamia Guest

    Well, the body.
    I set the body background as purple, and only the background of the
    text is purple.
    Sneamia, May 28, 2006
  7. Sneamia

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Sneamia wrote:
    > Well, the body.
    > I set the body background as purple, and only the background of the
    > text is purple.

    I think we must be at cross-purposes here. Can you screenshot what
    you're seeing and post it somewhere we can all view it. I've put
    what I see at http://silmaril.ie/downloads/purple.png

    What I'm unclear about in your post is that the body *is* the text.
    I don't see what you mean when you say *only* the background of the
    text is purple. If body is set to background-color:#CC00FF; then
    *all* the window background will be purple. If you're seeing something
    else, then I think you should try reinstalling the browser first.

    ///Peter
    --
    XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/
    Peter Flynn, May 28, 2006