Invisible Background in Firefox.

Peter Flynn

Sneamia said:
Take a look at http://www.geocities.com/jamesqian2001/test.xml .
Basically, there is a bug in Firefox that does not display the
background color/picture for the body tag. Is there any possible
workaround for this?

Replace output type html with xml. Then you get a purple background.

You're trying to do two conflicting things here, and FF is acting
correctly in refusing to be duped.

If you specify output type html then XSLT will create the output
file in SGML -- the original HTML without Null End Tags. You can
test this by using a standalone XSLT processor and examining the

If you specify output type xml then it will create XML.

You are specifying html but then giving the Document Type details
as XHTML. So you have an old-style HTML document masquerading as
XML, or vice versa.

If you want to create output HTML with a DocType Declaration, use
HTML 4.xx or something, and code accordingly.

If you want to output valid XHTML, set the output type to xml.

///Peter

Sneamia

Yea, I changed that, but only the background for the text is purple.
Why is that? Is there anything else I screwed up on?

Peter Flynn

Sneamia said:
Yea, I changed that, but only the background for the text is purple.
Why is that? Is there anything else I screwed up on?

What else ought to be purple? Your CSS says any element with the
class value "site".

///Peter

Sneamia

Well, the body.
I set the body background as purple, and only the background of the
text is purple.

Peter Flynn

Sneamia said:
Well, the body.
I set the body background as purple, and only the background of the
text is purple.

I think we must be at cross-purposes here. Can you screenshot what
you're seeing and post it somewhere we can all view it. I've put
what I see at http://silmaril.ie/downloads/purple.png

What I'm unclear about in your post is that the body *is* the text.
I don't see what you mean when you say *only* the background of the
text is purple. If body is set to background-color:#CC00FF; then
*all* the window background will be purple. If you're seeing something
else, then I think you should try reinstalling the browser first.

///Peter