"Invisible" Frames

mcp6453

I sometimes use "invisible" frames to keep a domain name in the URL
window while opening another site. The code below is what I always use.
However, I have a site where I set up an .htaccess file to do a
redirect. I deleted the file (the server will only allow me to set it to
0 bytes) and installed the file below (URLs masked), but the page
actually goes to the linked URL instead of remaining on the primary URL.
I cannot tell from the code what it wrong. It is acting like the
..htaccess file is still operational, but if I delete the file below, I
do not get referred to the new page. Obviously I know little about HTML.

Thanks!

<head>
charset=windows-1252">
<title>xxxxxxxxxx.com</title>
</head>
<FRAMESET rows="100%" BORDER=0 FRAMEBORDER=0 FRAMESPACING=0>
<FRAME NAME="top" SRC="http://xxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxx/xxx.cgi?xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx"
NORESIZE>
<noframes>
alink="#FF0000">
href="http://xxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxx/xxx.cgi?xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx">Click Here</a>
</center>
</noframes>
</FRAMESET>
</HTML>

Jim Roberts

mcp6453 said:
I sometimes use "invisible" frames to keep a domain name in the URL
window while opening another site.

Your a very bad person.

Don't expect praise from this group...