Invoke a method to a specific thread

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Varghj=E4rta?=

Taking the opportunity to ask yet another python question as a newbie
to this list, that's been bugging a wee but that I've managed to put
off.

When doing GUI apps in C# I often have to call a method that will
modify the GUI somehow from a different thread then the GUI is on (to
allow for GUI responsiveness). I simply call Invoke() or BeginInvoke
which resides in another thread with a delegate pointing to the method
I want to start in that thread.

How would I go about doing this in Python?

If I have "GUIClass":...
And start another thread and from that thread I want to call the
method "PaintSomething()" in "GUIClass" _in_ the same thread that
"GUIClass" lives in.

If I'm making no sense please tell me. This is something I'd really
want to know how to achieve.

Thanks in advance!