Is a Recompile needed when you change the codebehind?

Guest

Hello:

I just rolled out an ASP and realized afterwards that one of the lines was
commented out.

When I make uncomment the line, do I have to copy everything or just the
related aspx, and the vb code module?

Thanks.

Venki

Guest

If you are using the standard/typical model and change ANY code in the
codebehind file you will have to recompile.
If you change things in the HTML portion you can just copy up the modified
..ASPX file.

Karl Seguin

In .net 1.x, if you change your .aspx you can simply copy that file over.
If you change any code file, you need to copy over the assembly (dll) that
that code file compiled into.

2.0 offers different compilation modes.

Karl

S.M. Altaf [MVP]

If there's been a change in the code and ONLY the code such that it doesn't
affect the .aspx pages in any way, recompile your application and then
re-upload your DLL.

HTH
Altaf